How to Get Honeycomb in Minecraft
Minecraft is one of the most popular games in the world. The creators of Minecraft are always trying to bring in something new. The newer updates of the game are not only interesting but they really add up a level to the game. The 1.15 update was one such Out of the box updates to the game. This update was Buzzy Bees update. After this buzzy bees update everyone is keen to know how to get honeycomb in Minecraft.
As the name suggests this was an update related to all the things related to bees such as honey, honeycombs, beehives and etc. This update was an addition to the java platform. The Buzzy bee update introduced a set of new blocks and mobs to the game.
For the ones who play the game to explore you might be wondering what are these new Bees all about and what are the uses of these Bees anyways. Also, many players want to know how to get Honeycomb in Minecraft Buzzy Bee Update.
New Mob in Minecraft 1.15 update Buzzy Bees
The new mob in this update is known as the Bee. These bees were initially programmed to be the very small actual size of the real world bees but the creators decided to give them a perfect which now we see as a regular size of bees. You can collect honey from bees honeycomb. For this, you must know how to get honeycomb in Minecraft.
Where to find bees in the Minecraft
The bees are found in mainly three biomes very commonly- The flower forest, plains and sunflower and the plains biomes. There are bee nests on the trees and they spawn near them. These bees are usually found in the same region as one sees the Bees. These bees have the ability to communicate with the fellow bees in the game. The Honeycombs will be found on two types of trees – Oak and Birch tree.
How to get Honeycomb in Minecraft – Step by Step Guide
- The Honeycombs are commonly found on Oak and Birch trees. You can harvest them using shears a type of tool.
- The honeycomb can be harvested if the comb has reached honey level five which means full of honey. There are three bees in every honeycomb.
- They are inside during the rains and during the night. The maximum time they are inside is just two-three minutes.
- They move out during the day and that is the only time when you can collect honey from the honeycomb.
The second way of getting honey is from the nests which are openly placed on open grounds. You require glass bottles.
How to harvest honey from Honeycomb
Once you know how to get honeycomb in Minecraft, the next step is to collect honey from the honeycomb. The honeycombs are the best source of harvesting honey but there are a number of things to be taken care of.
The method to be easiest is to light a small fire under the honeycomb and flee them away from their nest. This small fire is known as Camp Fire. For making a fire under the honeycomb you should have three blocks of wood, one coal, and three sticks. Then for crafting a sheer, you need two blocks of iron ingots. When you start a Campfire under the honeycomb or the nest a lot of smoke is generated under the honeycomb and small bits of honeycomb start falling off the honeycomb.
What are the uses of honeycombs
The honeycombs are used for making a number of things.
- Honey Block – For this you need four honeycombs. The honeycomb blocks are used for building objects.
- Hive – For this, you need six planks and 3 honeycombs will craft you a Beehive. This beehive features the same as the Honeycomb. You can rear bees helping you to produce more honey.
Thus you can follow step by step How to Get Honeycomb in Minecraft and honey from the honeycombs, hive, nests or the bee farms. Using this guide you can easily get honey in Minecraft.
Check Also: Minecraft 1.15.1 Update – Java Edition