Minecraft Nether Update 1.16 is rolling out slowly in snapshot. With every snapshot nether update is becoming more interesting. There are many new additions in each 1.16 snapshot. On 18 march 2020 snapshot 20w12a is released in which new block Minecraft Respawn Anchor is added. With this new block player gets ability to respawn in Nether. In this article we are going to see all the information about this new block.
Minecraft Respawn Anchor Overview
Respawn Anchor is new block added in Minecraft Nether update 1.16 Snapshot 20w12a. Using this block now you can set your spawn point in Nether. Earlier when you die in Nether, there was no way respawn in Nether. But Now you can use Minecraft Respawn Anchor Block to set spawn point in nether. That means when you die in Nether, you can spawn again in Nether using respawn anchor block.
To use respawn anchor block you have to charge it. Also you should not use respawn anchor in overworld or the End, It will explode if you try to do so.
How to Make Respawn Anchor in Minecraft
If you want to set spawn point in nether, first you must have Minecraft Respawn Anchor block. Here is Minecraft Respawn Anchor Recipe.
- You need 3*3 crafting grid.
- You need 6 blocks of crying obsidian, which you can get in Nether.
- You need 3 blocks of glowstone.
- place 3 blocks of crying obsidian in top row of 3*3 crafting grid.
- Place 3 blocks of crying obsidian in bottom row of 3*3 crafting grid.
- place 3 blocks of glowstone in middle row of 3*3 crafting grid.
- By placing blocks in this format you can craft Minecraft Respawn Anchor Block.
How to Use Minecraft Respawn Anchor to Respawn in Nether
After the addition of respawn anchor in minecraft, players are excited to use this block to set their respawn point in Nether. Here is how you can use Minecraft Respawn Anchor block to spawn in nether.
- When you have Respawn Anchor block and you right click it with glowstone then the texture of block will change. Because of gloestone ot will start emmiting light at level three.
- Using four glowstone you can charge the Respawn Anchor Block.
- It is very important to charge respawn anchor to use it.
- When it is full charge it will indiacate green dial on side surface. It is the indicator that now you can use Respawn Anchor to set spawning point.
- Once it is charge and shows green dial, then you can right click the anchor to set your spawn point near that Minecraft Respawn Anchor block.
- That means when you dies in Nether you will respawn next to the anchor block to which you have set spawn point.
- For setting spawn pint every time 1 charge will get used from block. There fore you have to charge anchor block again.
So this is how you can respawn in nether using Minecraft Respawn Anchor block.
Another interesting fact that if you try to use charged respawn anchor block in overworld or End world, it will explode.