Minecraft Snapshot 20w45a is released on November 4, 2020, and all the players in Minecraft Java edition are excited as it is the first Caves and Cliffs snapshot. Gamers were eagerly waiting for the release of the first 1.17 snapshots and it is finally released.
Here, you will get the complete information about the latest Minecraft Snapshot 20w45a that is released a few hours ago, new features added to the game, the downloading method, and much more. Let’s explore the complete information about this latest update without any delay.
Minecraft Snapshot 20w45a Released
As we all know that all the Minecraft Java edition players were eagerly waiting for the release of the first Caves and Cliffs snapshot. Now, Minecraft Snapshot 20w45a is released on November 4, 2020. It is the first 1.17 snapshot that is made available for the Java edition of this game. We have provided the details of all new features that you will see in the game through this latest Minecraft Snapshot 20w45a.
You can also read: Minecraft Caves & Cliffs Update release date
New Features in Minecraft Snapshot 20w45a
- Added bundles!
- Added candle!
- Added lava cauldron!
- Added copper!
- Added amethyst!
- Added lightning rod!
- Added spyglass!
- Added tinted glass!
- A shulker hitting a shulker with a shulker bullet can make a new shelter.
- Amethyst comes in block form inside the geodes in two ways: block of amethyst and budding amethyst.
- All types of Amethyst blocks (clusters included) create beautiful sounds when you walk on them, break them, place them, or hit them with a projectile – go make some music!
- Amethyst clusters grow from budding amethyst, which can be found inside geodes.
- Clusters have four growth stages: small amethyst bud, medium amethyst bud, large amethyst bud, and amethyst cluster.
- Clusters can only grow when they are placed on budding amethyst blocks.
- Fully-grown amethyst clusters drop four amethyst shards (or more with Fortune) when an iron pickaxe or higher is used, and drop nothing otherwise when broken.
- Clusters can be silk touched at any stage.
You can also read: Minecraft Telescope crafting guide
- These huge geodes can be found anywhere underground in the Overworld.
- Amethyst geodes have an outer layer of a new stone called tuff.
- Amethyst geodes have a second layer of another new block called calcite.
- Amethyst geodes have an inner layer of various amethyst blocks.
- Amethyst clusters drop four amethyst shards (or more with Fortune).
- On any side of a budding amethyst block where there is air or a water source block, a small amethyst bud will eventually grow.
- Amethyst Buds can only grow when attached to budding amethyst and will grow until they become amethyst clusters.
- Bundles are items that hold other items.
- A bundle can hold a mixture of items, but only one stack’s worth. For example, a bundle could fit:
- 64 dirt
- 32 dirt + 32 stone
- 32 dirt + 8 ender pearls
- One of every color of the wool, concrete, carpet, and terracotta (64 blocks in total)
- Or one diamond helmet
- Use right-click to put an item into a bundle.
- Right-click a bundle to empty it.
- Wrap a present in a bundle and give it to your friend!
- Candles come in all 16 colors + one uncolored variant.
- Up to four can be placed in one block.
- Candles allow you to properly wish someone a happy birthday.
- Waterloggable! (But you cannot light them underwater, silly).
- Wish anybody a happy birthday with a candle cake!
- Cauldrons can now be filled with buckets of lava!
- Filled lava cauldrons give off a Redstone signal of strength 1.
- Craft nine copper ingots to a copper block.
- Craft cut copper, cut copper stairs, and cut copper slabs.
- Use honeycomb to craft waxed copper blocks.
- Copper ore can be found in ore blobs across Overworld, similar to iron and coal (this is not the final generation for copper…)
- Smelt copper ore to get a copper ingot.
- The lightning rod is crafted from three copper ingots.
- Keep your builds safe (well, as long as the closest area around the lightning rod is fireproof) during thunderstorms!
- The lightning rod will protect an area of 4 * 16 blocks around it from the, sometimes devastating, lightning strikes!
- Lightning rods give off a Redstone signal when struck by lightning
- Copper will oxidize over time
- There are for stages: copper, lightly weathered copper, semi-weathered copper, and weathered copper.
- It takes 50-82 Minecraft days (in loaded chunks) for a copper block to oxidize one stage.
- Waxed copper blocks will not oxidize.
- You can wax any oxidation stage – how lovely that means you can keep that pretty lightly weathered copper block in it’s lightly weathered stage forever!
- You can use your spyglass to see faraway things.
- Pretend to be a sea captain, or catch your neighbor in the act as they dye your sheep lime green.
- The spyglass is crafted from two copper ingots and one amethyst shard.
- Tinted glass is a type of glass that does not allow light to pass through.
- Tinted glass is crafted by putting a glass block in the middle of four amethyst shards.
- Tinted glass can be obtained without a silk touch; it does not shatter like normal glass.
These were the new features that you will get through the latest Minecraft Snapshot 20w45a. To get the latest Minecraft Snapshot 20w45a, you will have to open the Minecraft launcher and then enable the snapshots option from the installation tab.
You can also read: Minecraft 1.17 Bedrock Release Date
Keep in mind that installing Snapshot can corrupt your world, so, backup your world before installing Minecraft Snapshot 20w45a.
Conclusion: Minecraft Snapshot 20w45a
In conclusion, we hope that you have got the complete details about the latest Minecraft Snapshot 20w45a that is released on November 4, 2020. Install it now and enjoy the first Caves and Cliffs snapshot in your game. If you have any questions or doubts related to this latest update, you can ask us in the comment section. We are here to help you in solving all your doubts and queries.
You can also read: Minecraft Goat new mob in 1.17